Malekith is the main antagonist in Thor: The Dark World. He is the king of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim and an enemy of Thor. He will appear in Thor: The Dark World, in which he will be portrayed by Christopher Eccleston.
Captain America And Thor: Avengers
While on a quest with Thor, Lady Sif, Hogun and Volstagg to save Fandral from Dark Elves, Loki and Sif tasked themselves with finding a discreet way into the castle, and they find an illusion-inducing cave, leading Loki to perceive that Sif had died and he was surrounded by bats. Upon figuring this out, they met the wizard Malekith, and Sif fled to save Fandral. Meanwhile, Malekith and Loki engaged in a battle of tricks, as they both created armies of themselves. Noth armies were eventually diminished, and with the upper hand, Malekith took the battle outside. as Malekith was about to kill a weakened Loki, Thor, who was already there battling Algrim the Strong, summoned a lightning bolt upon Malekith to save Loki. Malekith's fate from the attack is unknown.
Thor: The Dark World
Malekith The Accursed is the ruler of the Dark Elves and the main antagonist of the film.
To be added
- Thor - Enemy
- Loki - Ally
- Algrim the Strong/Kurse - Ally
- Dark Elves - Army
- Alflyse - Ally
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
- Thor: The Dark World - Christopher Eccleston
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
- Captain America & Thor: Avengers (First appearance)
Behind the scenes
- Mads Mikkelsen was cast in the role but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.
- In August of 2012, it was announced that Christopher Eccleston would portray Malekith.
- Malekith is a creation of Walt Smonson.