Secrets and Cameos
Thor has a few secrets and cameos in it that are references to the upcoming Avengers movie or characters themselves. The list below shows all of them.
- Hawkeye makes a cameo played by Jeremy Renner when he is trying to take down Thor when he is trying to receive his hammer.
- Nick Fury makes a cameo played by Samuel L. Jackson in the scene after the credits of the movie.
- A reference to Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, is presented rather obviously when Loki sends down the robot to kill Thor. One of the S.H.E.I.L.D. agents say, "Is that one of Stark's?" as the robot comes from the sky, while another responds, "I don't know, he never tells me anything."
- The Cosmic Cube is shown in the scene after the credits of the movie in the possession of Nick Fury.
- Stan Lee makes a cameo as usual as Stan the Man, a person trying to haul Thor's hammer with a tow truck, being unsuccessful.
"Legend tells us one thing, history another. But every now and then we find something that belongs to both."
- -Nick Fury
There is a secret ending to Thor as well, adding plot to these series of Marvel movies. It features Selvig, Nick Fury, and Loki. The order of events are listed below like a screenplay, things in parenthesis as actions, NF as Nick Fury, S as Selvig, and L as Loki.
(Selvig seen walking in an underground tunnel system. Turns a corner and sees Nick Fury at the end of the hallway.)
NF: Doctor Selvig.
S: So you're the man behind all this?
(Walks towards him).
S:It's quite a labyrinth. I was thinking- they'd take me down here to kill me.
NF: I've been hearing about the New Mexico situation. Your work has impressed a lot of people who are much smarter than I am.
S: I have a lot to work with- the Father Theory, a gateway to another dimension, it's unprecedented. Isn't it?
(Nick Fury walks to a table).
NF: Legend tells us one thing, history another. But every now and then we find something that belongs to both.
(Opens case containing electrical device).
S: What is it?
NF: Power Doctor. If we can figure out how to tap it, maybe unlimited power.
(Loki seen in the mirror).
L: Well I guess that's worth a look.
S: Well I guess that's worth a look.